Apricot & polenta cake recipe
With the weather looking far more British this week, we cannot think of a better excuse to whip up some delicious (and not that unhealthy!) comfort food. Our favourite dessert on this summer’s prix fixe menu has to be our glorious apricot & polenta cake. Deliciously light and zesty, it’s the ultimate showstopper for those summer dinner parties and BBQs (whether al fresco or not so!).
You will need:
4 cake moulds (approx. 8cm diameter)
40g Demerara sugar
2 fresh apricots (quartered) or 4 tinned apricot halves (drained and cut into quarters)
12g rice flour
60g almond powder
1 tsp baking powder
8g lemon zest
4 tsp lemon juice
4 tbsp honey
8 tbsp maple syrup
1 sprig of rosemary
1. Pre-heat your oven to 160°C.
2. To make the sugar coating; mix together the margarine and Demerara sugar.
3. Cover your cake moulds in the sugar coating and bake for 6 minutes.
4. Set aside and leave to cool.
5. To make the polenta cake; combine the rice flower and water and set aside.
6. Beat the margarine and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
7. Add the rice flower mixture, polenta, lemon zest, almond powder and baking powder and mix together until combined.
8. Add the lemon juice and gently fold the mixture.
9. Place an apricot half onto each of the sugar coated moulds and spoon/pipe a quarter of the batter into each.
10. Bake for 40 minutes and then leave to cool.
11.To make the coulis; combine all the ingredients in a pan and bring to the boil.
12. Once boiled, remove from the heat and cool. Leave to infuse in the fridge for 24 hours (remember to remove the rosemary before serving!).
13. To serve, place the polenta cake and peaches on a plate, top with mascarpone and drizzle over the coulis.
P.S. Top tip – You can freeze these cakes for up to a month, perfect for pre-dinner-party prepping ahead of time!
Our Valentine’s Menu is £49 for three courses, includes a glass of Whispering Angel Rosé and is available over lunch and dinner 9th February – 15th February.
Hurry ! The first 50 Valentine’s bookings receive a unique gift, a delicious box of Macaroons!BOOK NOW