Enjoy some Easter-time indulgence with our recipe for home-made Hot cross buns, with a chocolatey Aubaine twist!
INGREDIENTS (serves 6):
50g chocolate chips
1. Place all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, into a bowl & combine. The consistency of the dough should be tacky and just mixed together.
2. Place the dough on a clean work surface and gently knead the dough until smooth.
3. Using your fingers, spread the kneaded dough ball flat and place the chocolate chips into the centre. Fold the dough around the chips and continue to knead dough until incorporated and smooth.
4. Wrap the dough in cling film and let rest for 40 minutes.
5. Unwrap the rested dough and sprinkle with flour. Cut into 6 equal parts.
6. Roll each piece into small balls and place into a baking tray with high sides.
7. For the traditional cross on the buns, form a paste with flour and water and spoon over each dough-ball in a cross pattern.
8. Bake at 170C for 25 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
See stories highlight on Instagram for a play-by-play!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.